RISING TO THE CHALLENGE
With its three cascading towers crowned by a connecting Sands Skypark, the multi-use resort defines the city’s skyline and offers an extraordinary experience for leisure and business travelers from all over the world.
Marina Bay Sands opened in 2010, bringing a hotel, convention and exhibition facilities, theatres, entertainment venues, restaurants and retail to Singapore’s Marina Bay. The 55-story towers are inclined in the lower sections, which presented a challenge when it came to the elevator shafts. Additionally, the roof architecture prevented the use of standard elevator machine rooms. KONE solved the problem by using machine room-less elevators powered by energy-efficient KONE EcoDisc® hoisting machines.
- Completed: 2010
- Floors: 55
- Contractor: Ssangyong Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd
- Architects: moshe Safdie and associates; Aedas Ltd.
- 13 KONE JumpLift elevators
- 39 KONE Minispace™ elevators
- 55 KONE MonoSpace® elevator
- KONE InfoScreen
- KONE UltraRope® technology
- KONE Care™ Maintenance Service