THE ORANGE DRAGON OF NANJING
The S8 metro line in Nanjing heralds a new era in the ancient capital, setting new records as the longest and fastest urban rail transit in China.
With the recent opening of Nanjing’s S8 metro line, a complex subway network now covers the entire historic city. Spanning 45 kilometers and 17 stations and trains at a maximum speed of 120 kilometers per hour, the line is the longest and fastest in China. Flying through the city like an orange dragon, it winds a scenic route from Taishanxincun Station to Jinniu Lake.
- Completed: 2014
- Track length: 45,216 km
- Stations: 17 (6 underground, 11 above ground)
- Operator: Nanjing Metro Operation Co., Ltd.
- Developer: Nanjing Metro Operation Co., Ltd.
- Architect: Beijing Urban Engineering Design & Research Institute Co., Ltd.
- Main Contractor: China Railway Electrification Bureau Group Co., Ltd.
- 37 KONE MonoSpace® elevators
- 75 KONE TransitMaster™ 140 escalators
- KONE Care™ Maintenance Service